Monday 30 January 2012

Week Two


Website:
For this week's inspiration collection, the website I chose the Kinetic V5 website. This website is good because it uses design to make a topic that would otherwise be kind of dull, really interesting and exciting. The way the site is laid out makes users want to see the whole thing. I like that even if you don't take in all of the information presented on the site, you're still likely to pick up some information based on the way certain information is presented. I like that you never have to leave the home page, the entire site has all of its information on one page and you just scroll through to see it, or, you can jump to certain points by clicking their titles. I also love that the site is designed so boldly, it's sort of grungy in a captivating way. The only thing I might change about the site is the fact that it has music; and it isn't subtle. I do like the music and I think it enhances the experience of the site, but not everyone would want to have music all of the sudden blaring when they go to a web page. The music can be turned off, but once it is, it feels like the experience of the site is incomplete. 

Logo:
The logo I chose for this week is a concept by Paulo Gabriel for McFly Originals, a bicycle company specializing in vintage/retro custom bikes. The logo is good because it accurately encompasses the company and gives a good idea of the product. I like the font used in the logo, it has a 50's diner feel, which is appropriate since the company specializes in vintage. I like that the logo is simple enough to not be overbearing, but not so simple that it's boring. I also think that it's the perfect combination of modern and retro, which suits the company really well. Overall I just think it's a really appropriate and well designed logo for the company, and I wouldn't change anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment